Desconectado sperm

• Ver Perfil
    • http://www.facelink.com/brocha
How to survive COS
« : Octubre 30, 2005, 11:26:40 am »
INTRODUCTION: COS 101
*Applicable to Nether mage above explore limit e.g. 3500-4000
For Nether mages who haven't cast COS (Contract of the Soul) even once for thier entire life, here is your chance to learn how and know the benefits of COS. First the description:

Contract of the Soul

Efecto Summons the Hero Devil Prince who leads a band of devils. Spell only ends when casters population reaches 0.
Magia Black Rank Ultimate
Tipo Enchantment Mana 1000000
Turnos 10 Costo de investigación  30000

Mantención por turno      
Oro/Gold 0
Gente/Gelding 6666
Mana/M.p. 0

FACT BEFORE FICTION:
When casting COS, you will have a level 25 hero devil prince who does nothing at all, I will explain more about the devil prince later. Anyway, based on the last time I've played this version of AM (ArchMage) devil prince will stay with you for 3 days or your until your pop reaches 0. COS is an ultimate spell for Black and would cost 1M mp. Devils will come to your aid for 24 hours since the time you casted COS. Aside from 6666 upkeep of COS, there is a hidden upkeep around 40 to 50% of your current total MP. Devils will come in masses if you are countering and defending. You can use COS in two scenario.

Countering - If a mage pisses you off, and keeps on attacking you. Cast COS and make a siege counter, this is a guaranteed stack wipe of his 1st stack and possibly killing a hero.

Defending - If a mage attacked you, there is 95% chance you can stack wipe his 1st stack, possibly killing a hero. After the 24 hours, you can check all the mages who attacked you and some of them maybe lower than 80% of your power... Siege them and gain some land. :)

PREPARING FOR COS:
Buy some wines of three whips and books of prophecy that you can get. Preferably you can prepare 10 books and 6-8 wines. With regards to stacking, you can use units that are not pop heavy or geld heavy... You can use the following stack.

Zoms/Lich/effs/etc

Note: You must have atleast 200K geld, 1.3M mana and 500K pop to cast and survive COS.

IMPORTANT: When running COS, you can only attack 2-3 time.. beyond that, its suicide. Also take note do not attack if you are not countering.

SURVIVING COS:
After 24 hours, the devils will no longer help you... this is important so listen up! Your pop will be greatly reduced and so is your geld, disband any geld consuming units to make your geld income positive. Now use books first and then wine. Once you have a positive pop income, build up and counter those mages who attacked you.

Now, I mentioned that the devil prince will stay with you for 3 days or until your pop reaches 0. If you pillage or make a tribute with the devil prince... don't bother coz he will take all the geld and pop (from pillage) and offer them to satan.

EPILOGUE:
If you casted COS and survived it, you will gain the respect of other mages, they will fear you and think twice before attacking you because of COS.
« Última Modificación: Octubre 30, 2005, 11:28:42 am por sperm »

Disturbing Analysis

How to survive COS
« Respuesta #1 : Octubre 30, 2005, 05:14:56 pm »
One important note.
Is that from an old guild page?

Devils only stay for 10-12 hours now.

One attack can kill you with the new ghey counter system.

The Devil prince will not leave after you reach 0 pop...and on here sometimes he stays for a week or more.  It's more of a random issue.

About the stack wipe.  I deviled a lot on Super Blitz Guild this reset.  (When gheys didn't abuse the counter system.)
They rarely would clear Red Dragon stacks even at 17 million power.  Also failed at clearing a Lich stack at like 14 million power.  I could go on.
Did they weaken Devils or do something to them?

lol noone fears a mage who CoS and survives...they just come back again and again :P

You are going to get many mages killed :P

Lord Forgiver of the Catastrophic Order of Terra (CO2)

Member of La Familia (LaFam) - Blitz Guild (retired ATM)
Leader of Catastrophic Order (CO2) - Super Blitz Guild (retired ATM)
Leader of Freelance Mercenary (MERCS) - Ager

Si vis pacem, para bellum.  If you want peace, prepare for war.

"Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not." - Phlogiston Verdigris

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." - Tyler Durden
"Its not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology.
Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

"Explosive you feel the impact hit your face
What makes you think I'll let you survive
You want a war I'm the front line
Unbroken

This ain't about me
I'm better than you'll ever be
You don't concern me
I know you'll never get to me
You want a shot
I can take your best bring it on
Get ready for the pain
Cause this where it's going down" - Slayer

"Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted, one moment
Would you capture it, or just let it slip? Yo"  - Eminem

"I hate, therefore I am." - Marilyn Manson

Desconectado Merc

• Ver Perfil
How to survive COS
« Respuesta #2 : Octubre 31, 2005, 07:56:54 am »
Yea CoS sux here in TL.  No point to use it.  In Mari, that would be the way to survive.  Excluding the 24 hr and 0 pop reach.  When u reach 0 pop, the devils will leave, but the prince will remain.  He leaves only in 2 conidiotns.  1 you use up all the turns required (we still don't have an exact count), or 2. you die.  Which so far, the latter will be the one that will happen.  Many mages here will kill you if you CoS.  And its not too difficult.  Look for the post in which i was killed in in the super biltz union of honor.  See Forgivers reports.  Both of us are well adept and skilled when using devils.  But even then we were easily slained immediately following our exit of devil protection.  So if you use black, don't use CoS.  Becuase if you run into those people who take advantage of the damage counters, then ur dead meat.  Also, check out the pillage ratio for counters.  SOmetimes for 1 pillage u get 2 counters.  Pillage does 6% damage.  So u deal 5% damage, then it may be possible to get another counter.  I think the damage counters = the damage you recieved plus some.  Obviously im no mathematician for AM, but the equation does give a sad result for the attacker.

Desconectado Merc

• Ver Perfil
How to survive COS
« Respuesta #3 : Octubre 31, 2005, 08:00:40 am »
oh yea one more thing...Counters are soppose to be able to put you into protection.  HOwever, that is not the case here.  You can counter someone with allcounters, and they will not enter protection.  Empty their lands then start dealing 3% damage or less when taking their lands via sweep (frogs for example).   Easy kill.  Stack wipe wihin your counters and you killed him.  Cuz they'll have no troops, plenty of land, thus dealing minimal damage....hence, their death.

Desconectado sperm

• Ver Perfil
    • http://www.facelink.com/brocha
How to survive COS
« Respuesta #4 : Octubre 31, 2005, 08:35:08 am »
Yes! you are so correct Merc and Forgiver of course... damn! this game really suck now unlike before when I first played here.

Anyway, TO ANYONE READING MY POST ABOVE DO NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TRY IT HERE.

Disturbing Analysis

SIXTVS V

How to survive COS
« Respuesta #5 : Diciembre 29, 2005, 01:46:25 pm »
:P  

Desconectado Merc

• Ver Perfil
How to survive COS
« Respuesta #6 : Abril 10, 2006, 03:05:10 am »
Just wondering have they fixed the inerfno and CoS counter system yet?  Or is it still pointless to use on offense?

Desconectado Gomorrah

• Ver Perfil
Re: How to survive COS
« Respuesta #7 : Mayo 12, 2006, 07:31:57 am »
just bumping in  ^_^
waiting for some admin to reply
Power through honor and integrity.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
     Perfect plan. Precise execution. Excellent result.

Desconectado lord_frank

• Ver Perfil
    • http://www.thelord.cl
« Respuesta #8 : Mayo 12, 2006, 11:29:01 pm »
fixed infierno and cos?

what ?

Desconectado Gomorrah

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #9 : Mayo 17, 2006, 02:28:06 am »
in my opinion... cos/devils are used to block and defend your lands and not for counters. if you use devils in countering, your mage will be screwed  :lol:
Power through honor and integrity.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
     Perfect plan. Precise execution. Excellent result.

Desconectado MercX

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #10 : Diciembre 05, 2006, 09:12:37 pm »
Sorry I haven't replied but I left a while ago again.  What I meant when I said fixed cos and inferno was that if the countering system for these spells have been fixed?  Surely Frank you noticed that after a mage casts either one of these spells they die within 24 hours.  Or at least they did when I was around.  Cast CoS or and inferno and this is what happened.

Cast CoS/Inferno
Counter 2-3 mages
Guild of the other mage BBq the caster after 12 hours.
The mage that got hit with CoS then Counters and stack wipes the CoS mage. 
The CoS mage gets sweeped with no protection from the mage countering.

If you are unable to change the system for that specific spell, then why not have devils last 24 hours after cast.  This way it will remove the possiblity of the counterin the CoS mage to death.  Sure, the other mage loses the rebound counter but then again there really shouldn't be a rebound counter (in normal regular randoms).  Becuase if it is still the same way as it was when I left, then there still isn't a point in wanting to return.  Becuase that leaves only green/white and blue left to enjoy.  Can't use the best spells in the game really hurts.