Desconectado lord_frank

• Ver Perfil
    • http://www.thelord.cl
How to play The Lord - for Novices
« : Octubre 24, 2003, 12:57:46 am »
First Turns

After creating your mage HERE you have to enter the game by clicking on THIS link. The first thing you should do is build for that just click on the “Build” link. First build “Workshops”; they increase the amount of buildings you can raise per turn. If you look closely, there’s a column that says “Max/1T”; under that column there’s a value, which represents the number of buildings that will be constructed in one turn. You have to build at least 400 workshops. As you may have noticed, your free land won’t be enough so you’ll have to go to the main page and click on “Explore”; that’ll give you up to 3000 free lands for each turn you use; once you reach that limit you won’t get anymore free land by this mean. After you go back to “Build” and have the necessary workshops, raise the rest of the structures.

Farms:   The more you build, more people you’ll have.

Towns:   Build one town for each 3 farms you have.

Workshops:   Increases the number of buildings you can raise per turn.

Barracks:   The more you have, more army you can recruit.

Node:      Increases you mana. Build a 55 % of your total land.

Guild:      It gives you items per turn and helps you use less turns when you’re investigating spells.

Fortresses:   Those are like your HP. Build 1% of your total land.

Barriers:   They block spells and items from your enemies in battle or inactive.

Is worth noticing that for each turn you use you receive gold, people and mana; but you have to be careful about them not being negative. Try to keep an equilibrium.

Well, now that your resources are properly managed you might be wondering, “How do I climb in the ranking?”; for that you have to make your kingdom more powerful. Now we will discuss that.

If you have more land you can raise more buildings, obtain more resources and in that way move up, but exploring has a limit of 3000 free lands, after that the most common way of obtaining land is “ATACKING”. For that you must have all the mana, gold and people that you can, after that you can call creatures clicking on “Summon”; there you’ll find a list of spells which cost mana and turns.

Spells that invoke units are those labeled “Summon” plus a few others that you’ll have to discover by your self (e.g. If your mage is blue you can use the spell “Summon sprites” that uses 1 turn and costs 6600 of mana and invokes about 4000 unites named sprites). It’s important to notice that each unite has its own characteristics related to HP, power, attack power, type of attack, resistance to attacks and different abilities which make them unique, and therefore useful in certain situations. Also each unit needs certain resources per turn; if you go to the link that says “State Report” you’ll see what your units need per turn. You must be careful with the balance of your kingdom, because if you summon too many units you can have a negative income of resources.

To prevent this to happen you have to know the term “Stack” - that’s how the units in your kingdom are called. Each unit that you summon is arranged according their power. The idea is to invoke units until they are left in the desired position. A regular White stack would be:

Dominion

Archangel

Angel

Depending on the amount of each unit, their position in battle will be determined; there for it’s fundamental to know what stack you’re going to attack when you’re building your own, besides of which stacks you want to defend from. This takes time an only experience will tell you which is the stack that suits you best: you can try different units in various positions but always prefer units of your color. Check all the information about each unit to fully know their weak and strong sides.

Well, now that you have your offensive stack… to attack! For that you have to go to the link that says “Ranking”; there’s a list of mages that you can attack, the only restrictions are that they must have at least 80% of your power or have 50% more power than you. There’s a link that says “Attack”, click it and you’ll be attacking that mage - if doesn’t appear a message saying that the mage is protected or that he’s too weak or too strong. Choose an item and a spell to use in battle, you can also send a message to the mage you’re attacking. The attack uses 2 turns. To win the battle you have to make a 7% of damage to the enemy’s army; if you don’t, you’ll lose, but if you win you’ll take 3% and destroy 7% of his land, destroy a fortress but the mage gets a COUNTER, which means that he can attack you within 24 hours with no restriction, even if you are protected. To get the server to put you under protection and not be attacked you have to receive a specific % of damage in 24 hours.

Always try to attack only once, it’s frowned upon if you do it more than once. If you do it you’ll go to the mage’s black list and his guild’s; which could carry serious consequences to your kingdom.

If you have any question just ask…                    
« Última Modificación: Enero 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am por NULL »

Desconectado manchild

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #1 : Octubre 24, 2003, 06:53:21 am »
First Turns

You have to build at least 400 workshops.

first of all u DON\'T have to build atleast 400 workshops. The standard is 299 workshops because it rounds everything off (i.e. 10 towns, 60 farms...there are no decimals to worry about). Some feel, including me, that 599 is better (atleast when u do large amounts of building) because u can double your build rate and it\'s not hard at all to build those extra 300 workshops (because number of workshops u can build is dependant on the number of workshops u have...ie the more workshops u have the more u can build in one turn..

click on “Explore”; that’ll give you up to 3000 free lands for each turn you use

this is misleading. U will NOT explore 3000 land in 1 turn. You will however explore from about 1-28 acres per turn (depending on how much land u currently have). Max explore is about 2800 land (i believe)

Node: Increases you mana. Build a 55 % of your total land.  

currently if this game is setup like Archmage it should be 54.99%...once u hit 55% you\'re to far...that goes with any number though...34.99...49.99..etc

Barriers: to get maximum protection (75 barrier resistance) u need barriers at 2.5% of your land..u can have more then that but the max protection is 75...and you\'ll get nothing more then that                    

« Respuesta #2 : Noviembre 15, 2003, 11:04:00 pm »
For stacks, there were also stack modifiers such as flying and melee but I can not remember how much they affected each person.

:ban:

love that banana                    

« Respuesta #3 : Diciembre 10, 2003, 01:27:02 am »
As far as stack position, there were modifiers for placement.  Haven\'t played for 2 years, but i remember it being something like:

First of all, u have the power of the units involved.  this is PART of the decision of the placement of the stack, however there is an additional modifier, depending on what type of unit it is.

Flying: x2

Melee: x1.5

Everything Else : x1

someone correct me if i\'m wrong, but you multiply these modifying values by the overall power of the stack (# of units x power of each unit).  BTW as far as modifiers, i don\'t know wat would happen if u had something with a melee and a ranged attack too, because i dont think you can multiply by more than 1 of these values (eg 2 x 1.5).                    

Desconectado Weaver

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #4 : Diciembre 10, 2003, 10:43:07 am »
Isn\'t Flying modification 2.25?                    
|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Please! Someone! Think of the children!!

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

« Respuesta #5 : Diciembre 10, 2003, 11:58:52 pm »
First of all, it\'s been a while so the numbers might be off a bit.  Second of all, having just started this version of the game, i dont know if the modifiers are even in this game                    

Desconectado konte

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #6 : Septiembre 12, 2004, 08:16:29 pm »
is there a chat room that the players use?

« Respuesta #7 : Septiembre 13, 2004, 03:02:51 pm »
is there a chat room that the players use?
Come on mIRC server = galaxynet  chanel #rain

Ill help you out if your a newbie or whatever  ;)  
--]] WORLD CRISIS [[--

I will be here...

Where will you be...

Desconectado Gomorrah

• Ver Perfil
Re: How to play The Lord - for Novices
« Respuesta #8 : Mayo 12, 2006, 07:50:44 am »
yeah. do we have like a channel in galaxynet for players of TL?
Power through honor and integrity.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
     Perfect plan. Precise execution. Excellent result.

« Respuesta #9 : Mayo 15, 2006, 03:17:18 am »

this is misleading. U will NOT explore 3000 land in 1 turn. You will however explore from about 1-28 acres per turn (depending on how much land u currently have). Max explore is about 2800 land (i believe)

3500, but its not to be recommended to explore beyond 3000
"Seven Tears are flowing to the river
  And six of 'em are mine"
Azul[/color]

Vorgon me debe una chela!!!

Desconectado Gomorrah

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #10 : Mayo 17, 2006, 02:24:10 am »
explore till 2500 land.. then start attacking  :wacko:
Power through honor and integrity.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
     Perfect plan. Precise execution. Excellent result.